Saturday, January 8, 2011

so far....

I'm actually presently suprised by the motivational factor of having a blog.  I've actually started and accomplished a few things in the past couple days, even though at times I wanted to sit in PJ's and watch basketball.  I've played the guitar a few times (I hadn't played for about 4 months), I exercised a couple times-even resorted to dusting off the exercise bike sitting the corner of the second bedroom (AKA the storage closet).  I ordered the detox and cleanse stuff.  I listened and studied my self teach french book/CD.  This is a good start.  A good start.
My focus is going to be on losing weight.  This is a main pirority for this year.  I wonder what I would look like if I lost 30-40 pounds---even more, I wonder how I would feel.

I'm not overly gluttonous, and I don't feel as though I look disgustingly obese---still, if someone farts in a room, and it smells toxic, I feel that I'm subconsciously suspected in everyones mind.  Also, when I lived in Chicago, homeless people called me big guy when asking for change.  "Hey big guy, spare some change?"---tangent-if you live in a large city, with many panhandlers, you lose your sympathy for the homeless.   I would drive/bike home from work and everyday, the same guy would be walking in between cars at the same intersection.  I applaud his diligince, but couldn't he take that fortitude and apply it towards a job?  I guess I don't know the specifics of his downfall, so it's unfair for me to judge.... still, being approached over and over again and being asked for change really narrowed the tolerance and sympathy I exhibited as a child.  Kind of sad if you think about it.

I'm fairly active-this summer I kayaked routinely, played ball, went on 20 mile bike rides, jogged, swam, played tennis, and did a lot of core workouts.  I guess getting older means that activity is not enough.  This year I'm going to have to maintain the activities, but really focus on the eating.  This means choosing health foods more routinely, not drinking as much beer, trying to exhibit some portion control, and really be conscious of chewing my food.   That's the big one.  Chewing food-the first step in the digestive process-somethine I skim over.  I'm like a whale, without the baleen, suckin' everything in, chew five-six times, swallow.  I feel almost like my brain turns off while I'm eating.  Is that a disorder?  After my plate is clear, and the people I'm with are still half way through their meal, only then, do I realize the Tazmanian Devil truly controls my stomach.

I would really like it to snow, so I could get out and do some cross country skiing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment