I am having a hard time fighting for my state and nation when people like this nitwit get media attention and are treated as even an outside shot for president. I always claimed to understand the republican train of thought...I guess I can accept a conservatives belief in a "free-market" economy. Even though it's flawed and not accurate at all, there are aspects of this model that are necessary for proper human drive, and survivability. What I don't get is how poor, rural, Americans think that this moron has an inkling of care for them? How does a fiscally conservative government help anyone who is poor? Or middle class? It basically gives more money to the people who already have most of the money, and less money to those who have nothing. Why are people routinely voting against their best interests? Its completely baffeling. OK. I understand the conservative fiscal beliefs, and I can even say I agree that given time, free markets will adjust accordingly. Its still an improper model and lacks humanity, but sure, I can at least see how and why that may work. What confuses me even further is the amount of crazy that is inherent in the social and philosophical dogma that conservatives preach. NO ABORTION! NO GAYS! YAY GUNS! EEECH MINORITIES! BARACK OBAMA WAS BORN ON JUPITER!
I'm not saying liberals are perfect, by no means. But at least there is a human and communal bent towards their beliefs.
I'm on break now and so it's time to return to work.
I hope people, some day, will take turns talking and listening. There is a lot of misinformation put out there by people who can make a lot of money getting us to believe certain non-truths. Let's start thinking people.
No comments:
Post a Comment